Head of Network Operations Centre
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Area||London, UKSouthern Home Counties, UKNorthern Home Counties, UK|
|Salary||£75k - £95k + benefits (Healthcare, Gym, Pension, 25 days hol)|
|Telephone||0208 544 0944|
- Role: Head of Network Operations Centre
Our client is searching for a responsible, experienced, self-motivated individual that would like to be part of building a successful business. You’ll have the opportunity to play a key role in the growth of the company’s Network Operations Centre and form a vital component in their future.
This is a key leadership role with a strong focus on people, operational processes and systems to cover all aspects of the NOC.
Our client is not looking to employ someone to run the service, they are looking for someone to lead them into a position where they have an innovative and industry leading service.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to demonstrate excellent technical and commercial awareness, with a proven track record in a similar role within the telecoms and ISP market
- Have strong leadership skills and previous experience of implementing and operating a 24x7 NOC and incident management service
- Excellent knowledge of next generation monitoring and alerting tools and system integration
- Have strong communication skills to provide updates to internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis
- Excellent motivation skills in order to meet deadlines and handle change
- An unrelenting approach to delivering operational excellence, productivity and efficiency.
- Set the behavioural & performance standards, you'll need to energise your team and deal change and uncertainty in a positive manner.
- As Head of NOC you will provide the direction to the team to ensure that the company delivers excellent proactive support to all their external clients.
- You will lead the team ensuring that the company provide cost effective 7x24x365 operational monitoring, KPI and incident management of their internal and customers Infrastructure.
- Managing a growing team, you will define the direction, the training and development plan, set the expectations and ensure that the team delivers.
- You will have input into the annual Capex & OpEx Budget and will be required to run and deliver to the agreed budget. You will review and optimise current costs and achieve cost saving through agreed means such as consolidation and system improvements.
- You will provide invaluable guidance and direction in implementing next generation monitoring and alerting tools to deliver improved operational efficiencies, response times and automation.
- You will be expected to develop business continuity documentation, build test procedures and define resources to deliver service continuity in the event of a loss of site or critical service.
- Work closely with Pre-Sales, customer services, service transition and project managers to onboard new customers and services.
- Ownership of SLA management, operational report and service reviews to senior internal and external stakeholders
- Development and ownership of service operating guides and NOC procedures
- Minimum 7 years working in a telecoms and IT NOC environment
- Minimum 7 years Working ITIL service management experience or FCAPS equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of industry monitoring and incident management systems.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Integrity and flexible approach to work and job duties
- Approachable and a Team player
- Proactive management style
- Excellent negotiation skills and Innovative thinker
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project)
- Excellent communication, both written and oral
Qualifications / Experience - Desirable
- ITIL Service Management Certifications
- Project management qualifications e.g. Prince 2
- Experience of Salesforce
- Full Clean Driving Licence
Working hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm
(but would need to remain flexible for periodic shift work)
Some travel may be required for site visits