Infrastructure Support Engineer x3
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Area||London, UKSouthern Home Counties, UK|
|Sector||Support / Maintenance|
|Salary||£42K - £60K + BUPA, Pension, Life, 23 days holiday|
|Telephone||0208 544 0944|
- Infrastructure Support Engineer
Gatwick Airport, Crawley
x3 Positions, £42K / £50K / £60K (depending on experience & work hours)
Required to work as part of a team providing Network Infrastructure support across a large client location. This role is a shift position working early, days & night shifts during the week, so well as being on call for 1 week, as part of a 3 person shift team on a rotating pattern.
The tasks will include (but not limited to):
- Network installations and support.
- Reconfiguring switch ports, as and when required.
- Troubleshooting issues on all networking infrastructure.
- Being a primary point of contact for user issues and queries.
- Configuring and deploying network equipment.
- Adhering to strict policies and processes around security and data protection.
- Maintaining and managing the content and accuracy of the customer’s asset database.
- Ensuring SLA requirements and Customer Satisfaction metrics are on or above target.
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive and meaningful updates in the customer’s ticket handling system.
- Ensuring the escalation process is followed and any issues are communicated appropriately to the HPE, CDS and customer management teams.
Essential Skills / Qualifications required:
- Required skills and attributes
- HPE Network preferably ASE or MASE
- Or Cisco equivalent preferably CCNP or CCNA or above
- Proven networking background
- Exceptional customer service skills including the ability to simplify technical detail
- Highly organised with the ability to work in a fast-paced, structured manner to meet tight deadlines
- Confident, collaborative working style and able to interface with people of all levels.
- Proactive approach to work activities & support of colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to recognise and react to situations with a sense of urgency and problem ownership.
- Must have a strong understanding of all major aspects of systems and network equipment incl. Hard Ware, Firmware, Software & knowledge of multiple platforms.
- Knowledge of Cisco, Aruba Wireless, Palo Alto Network Device (firewall), Bluecoat Packetshapers, Inflobox , Fortinet Firewalls.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
- Network Management: HPE IMC and Solarwinds
- IP Telephony
- ITIL Service Management Foundation
- Experience of IT incident management
- Fluke & other cable test equipment
- Though not required Security clearance would be helpful
CCNA / CCNE / CCNP / Firewalls / Switches / Configuration of switch ports
iCobus Limited is acting as the Employment Agency in the recruitment of this role, acting on behalf of it’s client.