Data Centre Support Engineer x3
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Data CablingICT|
|Sector||Installation / EngineeringSupport / Maintenance|
|Salary||£32K + Overtime, Pension, Bupa, 23 Days Holiday|
|Telephone||0208 544 0944|
iCobus Ltd is a specialist ICT, Telecoms & Structured Cabling Employment Business, currently recruiting for the following:
Job role: Data Centre Support Engineer (3 Positions)
Location: South East London
Key Skills & Responsibilities:
- Network installations and support in two Data Centres
- Install, Terminate and Test Copper & Fibre Cabling, using Fluke & OTDR Testers
- Working with on-site team to set-up, rack and stack, re-calibrate, and maintain Network & Telecom equipment
- On-site service support of remote network & network cabling team
- You may be requested to work overtime hours as part of change management for planned interventions.
- Support troubleshooting of the network devices
- Troubleshoot of the trunk cables within the two data halls
- Assist with escort of other service providers and 3rd party contractors
- Accepting and assisting with deliveries to and from site
- Experience work in an IT support role based within a Tier 2 or above Data Centre. Understanding of Networking Fundamentals and the OSI (Open Systems Interconnection) Model.
- Experience of Data Centre Interconnectivity Infrastructure -> Ethernet Topology covering Coax, UTP and fibre optic solutions.
- Experience of interpreting and deploying basic and complex Infrastructure Interconnectivity Schedules.
- Knowledge of Fault Tolerant Networks and ability to troubleshoot faults using network analyser tools.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Understanding of technical trends within the ICT industry and how modern technology can be harnessed to enhance the delivery of services
- Interpret customer issues in order to resolve or escalate as appropriate, in line with corporate standards, SLA's and departmental work instructions, to ensure minimal disruption to users. Demonstrate a basic ability to determine best use of technology in order to resolve issues in an efficient and effective way. Demonstrate basic interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written), ideally with experience of liaising with both technical and nontechnical audiences. Demonstrate an ability to work within a team and to prioritise workloads to ensure deadlines are met with minimal supervision. Provide an efficient and effective 1st Line technical support service, whilst building trust and inspiring confidence with all users. Must be capable of communicating clearly with team members and other analysts.
- Logging all relevant Incident and Service Request details, allocating categorisation and prioritisation codes, initiated by phone, email or web Escalating Incidents/Service Requests to support teams when required to ensure resolution within agreed timescales.
If you meet the above criteria and available to work on the dates above, please apply ASAP with an updated CV or contact Cobus Swanepoel in our office on 0208 544 0944.