Data Cabling Supervisor - Staffordshire
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Data Cabling|
|Area||Birmingham, UKWest Midlands, UKNorth West, UK|
|Sector||Site Management / SupervisoryInstallation / Engineering|
|Salary||£30K + OT & Vehicle, Pension, 20days hols, Laptop, Mobile, etc|
|Telephone||0208 544 0944|
- The Company provides IT infrastructure services to organisations throughout the UK. Our Turnkey approach enables organisations to benefit from streamlined project delivery and reduced project costs in comparison to using multiple contractors for the different infrastructure elements. Our experienced and qualified team can provide the full range of IT infrastructure services from the ISP to the PC.
Our core services include:
- Network Design, Installation and Maintenance
- Server Installation and Maintenance
- Cisco and Cisco Meraki managed Services
- Cloud Computing migration, provision and support
- Managed IT Support Services
- Wi-Fi Installation and Support
- WatchGuard Firewall Specialists
- Ericsson LG Telephony
- HPE Hardware Partners
- Prolonged business growth means that we are able to take on additional resource. One of the roles that we need to fill is that of Data Cabling Engineer – Site Supervisor.
- The ideal candidate would have at least five years’ experience in working at a site supervisor level.
- Our clients are located across the UK, so you will be expected to travel nationwide. There is a mix of daytime and evening working but you will also be required to work weekends with prior notice given.
The list below details the skills and capabilities that are required from the ideal candidate:
- Installation, Termination and Testing of Cat5e, Cat6 and Cat6A cabling installations
- CRB/DBS Security checked
- Working at a good pace, whilst ensuring safety working practices and quality of work
- Experience with Fluke DTX1800 and DSX5000 testers and understanding of test results in ISO and TIA
- standards. Able to troubleshoot, identify and repair faults based on results
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer focused and customer facing attitude. Present yourself well and have the ability to liaise with the
- customer in a professional manner
- Be able to work as part of a team or as an individual
- Good leadership skills – At times, you will be responsible for ensuring that apprentice cabling engineers or cabling engineers with less experience than you are carrying out works to the quality and safety standards that we expect
Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability:
- CNCI (Desirable but not essential)
- Fibre installation and termination (Desirable but not essential)
- Excel accreditation (Desirable but not essential)
- Ability to survey jobs and provide basic plans, kit list and accurate proposed project Timeframe
- Racking of Switches or other cabinet equipment for remote config by our IT Team
- Installation of IP CCTV Cameras for remote commissioning by our security team
- Installation of Wi-Fi access points
- Installation of display screens / projectors
- £30,000.00 per annum plus overtime
- 20 Days Paid Holiday per annum
- Workplace Pension
- Continuous investment in training
- Team-building event days
- Gym Membership
- Mobile Phone
- Company Vehicle
- Overtime available
The application process:
1. Initial shortlist will take place based on review of CV’s on Friday 29th September
2. Telephone Interviews will be scheduled with Shortlist for Monday 2nd October
3. Further Shortlist will be agreed and interviews scheduled at our offices for Friday 6th October
There will be a 30-question multiple choice skills test, a project survey test and two practical tests that will involve termination and testing of Cat6 cable. These will be carried out during your interview appointment on Friday 6th October (if you make final selection). We will contact any references prior to the qualification stage of the process, so please make sure at least two references are included on the CV that we will be able to contact prior to 29th September should we need to.