Structured Cabling Designer
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Data Cabling|
|Sector||Design / Estimators / Surveying|
|Salary||£250pd - £300pd|
|Telephone||0208 544 0944|
The Purpose of this Role
To take a preliminary Structured Cabling Design and turn it into a project ready design. Undertake cable length verifications on drawings, assign cables to comms rooms, define rack layouts and cable numbering schemes and produce Visio/Cad schedules / excel schedules from which installers can then install. Ideally you will have some active network knowledge and knowledge of security systems to discuss any design challenges with the end client and come up with solutions.
Responsibilities of a Structured Cabling Designer will include:
- Being able to design a complete structured cabling system from information gathered in consultative discussion with a client and from clearly defined specifications.
- Being able to formulate a Total Tender Price to any figure, based upon the known design and site criteria.
- Being able to provide on going technical advice to clients on an on-going basis.
- You should hold accreditation for relevant training courses on design capabilities.
- Systimax D&E, I&M, Certified Systimax Engineer.
- Brand Rex and ADC Krone equivalent accreditations as necessary.
- Have a basic knowledge of Wireless LAN systems and Networking.
- RCDD Qualification is desireable
Main Duties of a Structured Cabling Designer will include:
- Compiling tender prices based on invitation to tender documentation, specification, drawings and Bill of Quantities.
- Working to industry and Engineering standards and practices.
- Design and detailing of systems and components.
- Producing and managing specific costs to achieve the client’s budget and program.
- Technical support.
- Compilation of specifications and technical reports prior to tender submissions.
- Working closely with the Projects delivery team assisting them to ensure that all projects are costed in line with budgets and to required Profit margins and time constraints.
- Client, suppliers and sub-contractor liaison.
- Attendance of pre and post tender meetings.
- Developing Client’s Requirements to produce a project specific proposal to include cost plan, program, and the scope of work to be carried out.
Skills and Experience of a Structured Cabling Designer:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good computer skills and be comfortable using Microsoft Word, Excel and Visio.
- Capable of working on own initiative or as part of a team.
- A proven track record in the successful tendering/return of projects.
- Demonstrate knowledge technically to ensure specification compliance.
- Communicate between the project delivery teams to provide the best solutions for the client.
- Consistently working to a high standard and continually looking for ways to improve current working practices and processes to meet the needs of the business.
- Customer focused, conveying information effectively.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to agreed timescales and multi-tasking.
iCobus Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in this regard, recruiting Limited Company Contractors to work on it’s client sites, under the direction and control of it’s clients.